Enterprise and Intangibles Valuations Adhering to CEIV Mandatory Performance Framework
With the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) designation and 30 years’ experience in enterprise valuation and valuation of business interests, the firm has worked with many businesses and industries including medical device, machine shop, manufacturing, retailing, wholesale distribution, automotive, technology, and consulting firms. We have candidates for the AICPA Certified in Entity and Intangibles Valuation (CEIV), and can perform Fair Value Measurement engagements as well as support other valuation professionals and auditors in performing related non-attest services (such as prospective financial information) to preserve their independence. The firm is committed to adherence to the CEIV Mandatory Performance Framework in the conduct of its valuation practice and engagements involving financial reporting. With years of experience as an auditor and accountant, we possess well developed skill sets in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles used in the United States (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Non-traditional Engagements, Forecasts and Projections, Tax Compliance, Forensic Accounting, and other consulting disciplines. These areas support the valuation practice and offer colleague auditors and valuation professionals a broad knowledge base.
Examples of the types of valuation engagements we can perform are:
- Fair Value Measurement meeting the documentation requirements for United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) for valuation and required disclosures for financial reporting purposes. Fair Value Measurement for initial transaction costs and subsequent period impairment testing.
- Enterprise and enterprise interest valuations and calculations in litigation support, forensic assignments, and expert witness testimony. Calculations of lost profits, interruption damages, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Valuation for enterprise sale, acquisition, or merger transactions and negotiations, analysis, and pro-forma analysis of agreement terms. Required business valuation for documentation of tax allocations in entity transactions.
- Business enterprise valuation for estate planning and gifting purposes.
- Valuations for Buy-Sell Agreements and stakeholder transactions, minority interest buy-back, and succession planning.
We have solutions to meet your challenges
- FASB ASC 805 – Valuation for business combinations
- FASB ASC 360 – Goodwill and intangibles impairment testing
- FASB ASC 820 – Fair Value Measurement for financial reporting
- CEIV Mandatory Performance Framework and Application
- Civil damages reports and calculations, expert witness testimony
- Valuations for management purposes, compensation, buy-sell, shareholder disputes, succession planning